Sunday 15 July 2007

Bronzer???

Just when things were on the up, something weird has happened.
Over a week ago I developed a small patch of sore skin near my left elbow. Over the week this has spread to cover both arms, halfway down my back and across the top of my chest and shoulders. This is becoming more painful each day and is now feels like bad sunburn - although it certainly isn't that as we've had no sun so far this summer and I haven't had my tits oot in years! But, there is nothing to see, no rash, redness, swelling, dry skin, nowt!! Very strange.
Went to the quacks on Friday, Doc S thinks it may be nerve damage within the spinal cord due to the radiotherapy. Why it is happening now and not during the treatment is a mystery. They will consult with my hematologist this week to try and shed some light.
Due back offshore on Wednesday, not too sure how long I'll last if this keeps up or gets worse!!
Don't forget, the lard-arse challenge starts tomorrow - bronzer permitting.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Daz, sorry to hear about your skin problem, sounds really nasty.

We need you fit and ready for the challenge from tomorrow, no excuses (no matter how painful!)

Only joking I could do with one more week of curries and chocolate, I have been stuffing myself all weekend!!

Bye for now

Vxx

David Hall said...

Dear me bro, when is it all going to stop? Please call me soon when you get a minute offshore

x

Anonymous said...

Darren,
I hate all that dieting thing Having to eat 5 pks of crisps a day instead of 10 - what's all that about... They bloody come in pkts of 10 for a reason eh!);-)

We are coming to see you soon.Cerys is so happy to be eventually going to 'scot ter land' to see you both so chin-up and see you very soon.
x Helen

Chris said...

Daz
I had a similar rash to this just after my rads and recent trip to Amsterdam! I'm not sure if Vicky fell for the post Rads story that I gave her???
Went down with some strong cream?
Cheers
Chris