Monday 9 July 2007

Been Graftin'

From the very start of this Hodgkin's nightmare, I'd always planned to return to work in June. And that's exactly what happened - albeit on light duties and only for a week. Nearly didn't make it though, unbeknown to me, my offshore survival had expired in May and there was some hurried string pulling going on behind the scenes to ensure I was booked on a refresher the day before I was due offshore. Also had the not so small matter of getting through the company medical and convincing the doc I was up to the task. Successfully passed the medical on Monday, got through the survival refresher on Tuesday, made it offshore on Wednesday. An easy week of paper shuffling and now back at home for a couple of weeks leave - you can't buy a job like this'un!!

The Hodge blog will soon be taking a back seat to my Lard Arse blog which I will be starting this Monday. I'll now only update this blog with details of my future check-ups and any scan results.
If you've been a regular reader, thanks for the interest and I hope my experiences have helped and will continue to help future sufferers.

My next challenge is to lose about four stones of blubber in a year - fellow dieters go here.
Everyone else, get back to work..............................

'There goes my hero
Watch him as he goes'

2 comments:

David Hall said...

good to see you back in the graft bro
xxx

Chris said...

Daz
Great to hear that you are getting back to normal. Thanks for your blog, it was a great help, especially during the early days. Think Vicky might join the Lard Arse Gang, me, Im just a lawn mower, you can tell by the way I walk.....(guess the song)
Good luck and stay in contact.
Chris