Friday 2 March 2007

Chemo-Savvy

Had a good blether with my consultant during chemo#4 about the way to go with future treatments. Doc G thinks I need 6 months of chemo as she is convinced I am Hodgkin's 2B due to night sweats just before Christmas, but Doc E reckons my night sweats were due to 12 hours on the pish followed by a dodgy curry giving me mild food poisoning (I agree) - this would make me Hodgkin's 2A - meaning only 3 or 4 months chemo. So they will give me 3 months chemo (thats only 2 more chemo's to go) then send me to Aberdeen for a CAT scan and a PET scan. If the scans are negative I will receive no more chemo - woohoo!!!! However, I will then go onto a 4 to 5 week course of daily radiotherapy (in my neck and chest) - doh!!!! A few weeks post radiotherapy convalescence then back to the graft. If my scans are positive, I will resume the chemo.
So, fingers crossed for a negative PET scan in about 5 weeks time.

'I'm tough, rough, ready and able
To pick myself up from under this table
Don't stick no sign on me, I got no label
I'm a little sick, unsure, unsound and unstable
But I'm fighting my way back'

No comments: