Thursday 24 January 2008

Owld Cow......

Off to the quacks this morning for a set of blood samples. Having already been down to Inverurie to handball over a tonne of firewood into the tranny van, I then dashed up the road to make the 10.20 appointment. Looking rather disheveled and with a bad case of bed-head, I was summoned by the nurse. She obviously took an instant dislike to the scruff before her. She gave me that 'Matrons' eye, with a look to suggest I was one of our newly welcomed (ahem!) Eastern block cousins, recently arrived to fleece our already overburdened NHS, but after exchanging a few pleasantries it became obvious to her that I am indeed a Geordie which did little to soften the dogs arse pucker around her lips. Her contempt eased the choice of implement as she selected the largest needle she could find - not much smaller than a knitting needle, and was soon jabbing at my quickly retreating veins. I sacrificed four tubes of blood before the needle was sloooowly removed, yep it hurt like hell (soft shite). With a surly 'that's you' I was on my way home to stack the timber I procured earlier.
Results on Monday.........

No comments: