Thursday 12 April 2007

Hodgkin's has left the building!!!

Off the island on the first ferry and into Crosshouse for 0940hrs. I must admit I was starting to feel nervous as it was just dawning why I was here. I hadn't really thought about it until now, I wasn't here for the chemo this time, it's my PET scan result I'd come to hear. My 1000hrs appointment came and went and I was eventually called in at 1020hrs, thoses extra 20 minutes seemed like hours!
Doc E didn't beat about the bush and told me what every cancer sufferer wants to hear, I was all clear - woohooooooo!!!! The tumours are dead and there was no evidence of any hodgkin's disease.
This life changing news is still sinking in, only a few weeks of precautionary radiotherapy to endure than I'll have my life back! I might indulge myself in a wee swally tonight.
Thanks to everyone for your messages of support, keep on checking the blog as I've still got radio stuff to report and the all important 3 & 6 monthly check ups - for the next 10 years!

'Crosshouse no more,
Chemo no more,
Blood tests no more,
Shite no more'

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!

So so so so pleased for you, Marie and family.

We will have a toast to your good health tonight.

Well done, you are a star.

Vxx

Anonymous said...

Daz,

Me and Andy are delighted for you and all your family. Good work mate and here's to good health moving forward.

Well done. It's Andy's birthday tonight so while we're out I'll have one for you.

Cheers,

Jamie T

Anonymous said...

Thank God!

Knew you could do it.

Julia, Ken and Sophie
xxx

David Hall said...

Aaah! This celebration champers is going down a treat! Well done big Bro, we all love you so much,really proud of you xxx

Anonymous said...

Darren,

FANTASTIC news. Glad to hear you've kicked it's MF'ing ass.

All the very best for a full and swift recovery.

Graham Stewart

Veronica said...

Congratulations - Vicky and Chris shared your blog with us, so I've arrived at the happy time. Enjoy! The bits of your blog that I've read are brilliant. Whoever invented blogs deserve many, many medals.
My husband is still undergoing treatment for this crappy disease and is currently in Stirling Royal Infirmary - we'll beat the bastards too and you can celebrate for us when our time comes - bring it on.....!

Veronica

AVLS said...

Well done. You've inspired and given hope to many people,

Marvin

AVLS said...

Much deserved result, you have inspired and given hope to many people
Marvin

Anonymous said...

Great news Daz. Mind over matter and you won.

John G

Anonymous said...

Great news for you mate.
It's even made my day brighter.
Bob W

The '95 Ninja ZX6R said...

Man, that's awesome news!
Your family must be relieved ... over the moon!
Well done!
The Australian

Andy hall said...

You Jammie Twat!(Just kidding)
I am over the moon about this news! It's fantastic! I am very relieved and can't wait to see you!

Congratulations on beating the odds Brother! I knew you would win!

Love you tons mate!

Bother Andy. XXXXXXX.

Anonymous said...

Daz - I told you so....sitting here with tears of Jyy streaming down my face .....I am so happy for you and your family...

Your such an inspiration to us all.

I am running for a cancer charity in May so this makes it al the more special for me as I have been clear 5 years today...

Linda
x

Anonymous said...

We are all relieved and happy for you, Marie and Lewis. You have been so positive and I'm sure that has helped you through. Alas I too am getting fatter by the minute but I have no excuse, just can't stop eating all the bairns eggs!!!

With loadsa love,

Elaine,Michael, Devon and Kyra xxxx

Meadow-Copse said...

Glad to hear that,

Daniel