Monday 9 April 2007

D-Day approaches

By now, my CT and PET scan results should be in the hands of my consultants who will hopefully find that my tumours are dead and all there is left to do is zap me with a bit of radiotherapy. I'm summoned to Crosshouse this coming Thursday to find out the actual results. Fingers, toes etc, crossed.
Chemo#6 is well and truly behind me now, the only remaining side effect is a sore mouth from the low blood count.
Yesterday I managed my first 9 holes of golf this year, and not surprisingly, I've still got the magic;)
Back on the bike today, got to shift some of this 19 pounds of blubber I've put on since the start of all this shite!! Might even give the rower a bash - not been on that since November.

Next post - Thursday (Daz Day)!!

'Ice
Your only rivers run cold
These city lights
They shine as silver and gold
Dug from the night
Your eyes as black as coal'

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

All the best big cheese for the results.
Youre new pad looks fantastic. You must be feeling a bit dizzy still though, cos as I remember the last time I played you at golf in the First annual all star Frank'n'Daz challenge - I believe I whipped you..Ha Ha. Just think of all the new courses up youre way to play in the good weather.
Keep on trucking.

Chris said...

Daz
Hope you had a good Easter break.
Thinking of you and got all crossed for Thursday.
PET scan sounds a blast! Can't wait.
Cheers
Chris and Vic

David Hall said...

Good luck for Thursday bro, we are all rooting for ya xxx

Ken said...

Get some practice on the green, if i can make it up to see you next week, you`ll have to beat my birdie from the last time !!!!

Beginners luck -Blah

Anonymous said...

oi oi Dazza, glad to hear your back to burning up the golf course, and your spot on if that picture is anything to go by. The chemo def no helping your Mr universe figure.

Any how mucka il catch u later on.
adios xx
Ray

Anonymous said...

Hey ho Daz, We're all rootin n tootin for u mate. Did u really have snow on Arran this week ? ;-)

All ra best John

Anonymous said...

Good luck for tomorrow.
Hope to be seeing you again soon.
Bob W

Chris said...

Daz

Left leg is looking a bit dodgy!
Suggest a bit more knee bend.
And arn't your balls a little small?!
Good luck
Chris

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you and hope everything goes well tomorrow for 'Daz Day'.

Vxx

Anonymous said...

Good luck for tommorrow Daz...as you say fingers and everything else crossed

The '95 Ninja ZX6R said...

G O O D L U C K!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The Australian