Monday 12 March 2007

What goes around..................

Just back from a stressful two days up North East Scotland. Only two houses to view which were both crackers but 60 miles apart. Friday saw us in a place called Craigo, viewing a steading conversion - we immediately put a bid in via our solicitor, only to be told it had already been sold!!! What the hell are they playing at??? A bit pissed off, we were back in Montrose for an overnight stay at the Park Hotel. The hotel car park was full when we returned from the restaurant so I parked in front of the annexe where we were lodging. Got up in the morning to find one of my car tyres had been slashed - probably by the bloke who lives next door to the annexe who runs a taxi service and parks his cars where I parked mine. Revenge will be sweet. My wallet was soon lightened to the tune of £104 for a new tyre, and we were heading north to view a property near Inverurie. The house is a new build and a bit pricey but we might bid for it anyway, I can't take many more of these trips - especially as we had to bring the dogs this time as we no longer have a sitter since Lewis joined the Army. We have two dogs, a Scottie and a Yorkie. I don't know what he'd been eating but the Yorkie (Beavis) farted every few minutes of the journey - so we spent most of the 500 mile round trip with our heads poking out of the window getting windswept and interesting, although most of what remains of my hair blew off, so I just look interesting! Just in case you didn't know what a dog fart smells like, they're a helluva lot worse that a chemo'd Daz fart - and that's bad! Back home on Saturday - 1800 ferry.
One good thing out of this was that my chemo hangover completely disappeared on Thursday and I felt like a normal healthy person during the whole trip, I was even told that I looked good - howay man!
Its now the start of a new week and I'll endure the usual blood tests and Neupogen jabs prior to what will hopefully be my penultimate Chemo#5. My mouth has become sore and ulcerated and my gums are swollen like I have boils between my teeth - this is a sure sign that my blood count is dangerously low. When I go for today's blood test, I'll insist I have a Neupogen jab, rather than wait for the inevitable result tomorrow.
Fingers crossed my bid for the house is accepted and the property doesn't go to a closing date.

'But I will pray for you
And some day I may return
Don't you cry for me
Beyond is where I learn
Living on a razors edge
Balancing on a ledge
Living on a razors edge
The evil that men do lives on and on'

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

If only dogs could talk ... I am sure thatthe word revenge would be on their lips!! Good to hear you have had a few 'normal' days .... will call Lachie for availability for later in the week.

Neil

Anonymous said...

Hi Daz, good luck with the house!!
Hope all goes well for chemo#5 (nearly there!!!!!)

V&Cxx

Anonymous said...

Ah cute little Beavis...

The Psychopathic Yorkie with a sausage fetish!
Obviously he had one too many and the excitement of the journey became too much for him.

Hope all goes well with the house, - glad you're feeling better and seem to be coping ok, -
not long now, the worst bit is over.
(and you've managed to keep your sense of humour!!)

Julia, Ken and Sophie
x

Anonymous said...

Nice choice of bike Daz, I see you've gone for the same as me. Keep up the eating and you'll soon be the same weight as me!!!
We'll have to have a race when youre fit.
Keep up the blogging.
Mark R.

Anonymous said...

Hi Darren
Just to say still thinking of you and good luck with the house purchase. Keeping my fingers crossed for you. Thanks to your lovely wife too for her kind post on my blog!
Love Hannah xxxx

David Hall said...

Hoo lad

You might as well move to Australia the time it will take us to drive up there!?! Good luck anyway, hope the heed looks good.

xxx