Thursday 15 March 2007

Chemo#5

Another two blood tests and two Neupogen jabs on Monday and Wednesday ensured my blood counts were as good as they were going to be this morning. First ferry across the water and up to Crosshouse for 0945. A quick chat with Doc E who told me I would be spending my radiotherapy time in a hotel as they can't have me travelling home each day - 4 weeks in a hotel - bloody hell, if I had hair I would be pulling it out with boredom. I'll cross that bridge when I come to it. The doc seemed confident my PET scan in a few weeks will be negative, easy for him!
Walked into the ward and guess what, the boys were still watching the girls who were watching the boys who were watching the girls go by - da daaa da da - Aaaaarrrghh! Shortly followed by some Perry Chemo - heh heh! Just as well I'd brought my MP3 player and I was soon on a Highway to Hell.
In the big chair for 1015, hooked up to the saline IV, hopeful of an early infusion and back home on the 1515 ferry. My hopes were again dashed, same as Chemo#4 when the drugs didn't turn up until 1300!!! Infusion commenced 1315, all done by 1450 - Slackers!
The big comfy chairs have a recliner facility which one can ease back into an extremely comfortable 3/4 reclined position although after several hours of blissful recumbence, the vinyl covering doesn't half make one's arse sweaty. After five hours I had what the Queen would describe as an Anus Horriblis!
Back home on the 1800 ferry.
Big thanks again to Lauchy and Moira for the taxi service and the hospitality - you're the best.
Feeling a bit sick the noo, not sure if its the chemo kicking in already or watching the Toon get humped in Europe!
Keep up with the comments or you won't be invited to Daz is Cured/Hoose warming party.
Nighty night.............

Had to cool me down To take another round
Now I'm back in the ring to take another swing
'Cause the walls were shaking The earth was quaking
My mind was aching And we were making it and you
Shook me all night long............

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Four weeks in a hotel sounds great to us, but anything that get's you through this is worth the discomfort and upheaval.

Had to laugh about the 'sweaty bits' - next time take some talc...

Look forward to your hoose warmin'.

Julia Ken and Sophie
x

David Hall said...

I'll start saving for the flight to get me up to yours for the house warming now Daz..... :o)

Looking forward to seeing you soon

x

The '95 Ninja ZX6R said...

Don't think you are off the dial for Australia... I am quietly hovering and keeping my fingers crossed for you.
My dad reckons he's not going to have the chemo, as it will not help the cancer in the bones.
All the best DAZZA!!!

The '95 Ninja ZX6R said...

P.s. Can I have 'your' picture on the bike for my blog?

Anonymous said...

glad to hear your feeling bit better (except for your sweaty arse). sorry to hear house buying not going too well again, will keep fingers crossed.

Take care and keep you chin(s) up

Lots a luv
Joanne xx

Chris said...

Daz, Chris In Manchester here.
Four weeks in a hotel sounds good but if your feeling 'YUK' then it could be a bit of a mare!

Those big chairs are nice but know what you mean about the chaffin, thank god its not summer!

Good luck

C&V

Anonymous said...

I'm sure after 2 weeks offshore that 4 weeks in a hotel wil be a breeze .... although I've heard that Barney has taken up a management position with Dario as head chef ...now THAT would be unlucky!!
Heard a little birdie whisper that you may have advanced your Jock roots by moving further North ... a 'Doric/Geordie' cross .... surely no-one could understand you?