Friday 29 December 2006

Its oot...........

Admitted into Crosshouse last night at 14:30, they missed me out of the tea time run at 17:30 (forgot I was there!!) The nurse said if I'm quick I might just make the shop before it closes - surely enough, it was shut when I arrived. The cafe had only carrot cake and prawn cocktail crisps, so that was my last meal before fasting for the op - bummer!!!
Surprisingly had a good nights sleep, showered then dressed up in the op gown which was too small, my bare arse was clearly on view as the gown fastened at the rear. Feeling like a helpless invalid, I was wheeled to the lift then down 5 floors to the operating theatres where I was 'stacked' for about 30 minutes. Soon enough I was wheeled into the theatre where I donned a large white hair net - that took me most by surprise, I don't suit hats!!!
Surrounded by what seemed a dozen medical staff (just for me!), they commenced the task in hand. A canular type device was introduced into my right hand (which bloody hurt -soft shite!) then the anesthetic was injected - I remember the anaesthetist saying ' you might feel a little woozy now' and me thinking 'nope, nothing yet................................still nothing' then waking up back in my room, lump removed, job done!
Bandaged stiff and sore I was allowed out this afternoon, just in time to catch the last ferry home. The surgeon said I would get a result sometime in the next 10 days.

No comments: