Thursday 4 January 2007

Kaboom!!!!

Got a call from the hospital this morning. A rather sombre sounding surgeon who removed the lump. He apologised first for having to pass on the news in this manner but 'it was what we'd agreed'. Even before he told me what it was, it was obvious he wasn't going to tell me I'd won the lottery and I immediately got a hot flush and began to shake!! Although he didn't say 'are you sitting down' his next words were 'You have a form of lymphoma, Hodgkin's lymphoma to be precise'.
I'd already put 2 and 2 together some weeks ago when I was surfing the net looking for neck lump stuff as Hodgkin's was regularly coming up on the searches, but it still hit me like a bombshell!! The quack said the hospital would be in touch and he was again sorry to have to break it to me over the phone, then he hung up. And that was that, a million things went through my mind in just a few seconds - mainly, will it kill me, how will Marie cope, what about work................
I was straight online looking for some facts before I got too wound up, and started wading through a mountain of material through glassy eyes.
This is what it is:
http://www.lymphomainfo.net/hodgkins/

2 comments:

David Hall said...

Big bro, we are with you all the way no matter how small or big this turns out to be. Keep up the writing, keeps you strong and gets stuff off your mind. We are all with you, always thinking about you and here for you whenever you need us. You are a fighter and I know that this will be just another chapter in your life to talk about when you are old and grey (well, you are already grey but you know what I mean). Love you lots, David, Helen and Cerys xxx

Andy hall said...

I am shocked! I don't know what to say apart from you are a strong lad always have been! and I am pretty sure you will pull through this like you always do!

I am here for you always even though we don't talk much and see each other! I have been with you through some horrible years as children and I will be with you through this! Love you tons and we will do everything possible to help!

Love Andy.