Saturday 2 June 2007

Relapse, don't do it, when you wanna go to it...

Yoohoo, seem like nice boys!!!!
Went to see my new haematologist the other day - Doc C. He gave me a quick once over to check for swollen lymph nodes, thankfully none were found. I asked him about the likely hood of a relapse which is always possible with any cancer but especially with the Hodge. For a bloke of my age and condition (ripped!!) I have roughly 85% chance of cure - that's about 1 in 7 chance of relapse. I must admit, relapse has been on my mind quite a bit since I was told I had the all clear, I keep getting the odd twinge in my neck around the biopsy site and often mistake the small scar tissue lump for for a swollen node with a corresponding leap of dread in my chest until I realise that its nowt to worry aboot. I'm now on the lymphoma follow-up program and my next appointment is in three months time.
I'll soon be paying the company doc a visit and will hopefully be back among the graft in a few weeks.
The tranny van is now sorted and stops like a new'un, so we'll be making the arduous journey down the road to Ikea in Edinburgh (nowt but quality in this house) tomorrow - we're only going for the hotdog's.
Yesterday, we watched the herd of bulls stampeding away from our house and across the horizon, not immediately realizing they were being chased by our Yorkshire terrier - hilarious!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whoaaa!! What's with all the German speak on the comments page! Rous Rous eet eez time to take hover zee Daz Blog!!
Sorry for not posting recently ... no real excuse. Good to hear you are settling in. Relapse ... Pah! It's not going to happen. Looking forward to getting you back out here and getting the latest fat/exerccise program going .. you are the 'Green Goddess' of Shearwater, minus the tight Lycra ... mmh?
Might see you next week?

Neil

Anonymous said...

Daz,

Not sure of your e-mail so permit review at Woodbank 13th/14th June ... come along

Neil R

Anonymous said...

Very funny, you've got me singing again.....I loved that song.


Hope all well up your way, fine and dandy here.

Vxx

David Hall said...

That picture looks a bit like one I saw of you and Kenny on holiday in the 80s?!

Very funny dog story. Can't wait to come up and see you all, I might be able to come up sooner than August if thats okay with you both?

xxx

Andy hall said...

Hoo!

Glad to see your settling in and feeling better mate! Ill second David on the dog story mate! Sounds like a beautiful place. I might come over this fall to see you and maybe stay over for a couple!

Love always-

Andy XXX.

Anonymous said...

Its great to hear you've got the all clear for Hodgkin's Disease. My friends son was also given the all clear about 6 months ago, such a relief.