Friday 23 March 2007

Hellish...........

Well folks, another week of chemo hell behind me. It definitely gets worse the longer it goes on, as this has certainly been my worst week since treatment began. All the usual symptoms but worse and longer lasting. Gladly this chemo#5 nightmare is nearly at an end as I'm starting to feel OK again, even managed a short bike ride yesterday. Spent most of today sorting out the junk I've collected in the garage over the last 6 years - probably shift most of it at the car boot sale next Saturday (Chemo#6 hangover permitting). That's about as busy as its been since chemo#5, spent most of the time curled up in the house wishing my life away! Also passed the time selling junk on eBay, its amazing what people will buy.

Next week will be busy with three hospital visits, plus the usual blood tests and GF jabs and of course what I'm hoping to be my last treatment - chemo#6. After the bad week I've just had, I'm not sure how I'd cope with being told I have another 3 months of chemo to come - so I'm just focusing on being positive that my scans are negative. Date just in for PET scan - 3/4/07.

Got a confirmed date for moving house. We should be off the island by 15th May 2007. I'm hoping I can get going with the radiotherapy soon so I can be all done by move day, otherwise its gonna be a right kerfuffle!

Doctor Daz's sure-fire cure for chemo induced nausea has been superseded. Gone are the cream eggs (gone right off them) and I am now mostly eating Mr Kiplin's cakes (all of them, but especially cherry bakewells) and home-made corned beef and potato pie - with plenty of HP sauce, mmmmmm,m.

Starting to feel lively again, better get on that bike before it wears off!
Cheerio the noo!!!!

'If only I don't bend and break
I'll meet you on the other side
I'll meet you in the light
If only I don't suffocate
I'll meet you in the morning
When you wake................'

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Daz,

Keep it up mate. We are all rootin for yah!

Keep eatin the chocky and cakes, its good yor yah!

If you need any lifts or anything when up in the proper north east you only have to ask!

Dunzzy

Anonymous said...

Daz

Hello from a fellow north easter ( like your brother Dave). If you need a corned beef pie making - just give Dave a shout..lol..

Your welcome to drop by for a coffee anytime your in the 'proper' north east as Dunzzy calls it.

Linda
x

Anonymous said...

Hi Daz, hope all went well today.

A busy week!

V&Cx

David Hall said...

Hope it is all going well bro, we are all thinking about you always

Luv Dave xxxxx

Anonymous said...

Corned beef and potato pie - sounds great...
Seems like you've got a well balanced need for salt as well as sugar!!
I wish you wouldn't talk about food so much as everytime I read your blog I get hungry. It doesn't help being married to Ken who never puts weight on.
Hope you're ok, - enjoy the food, and we're thinking of you.

Julia, Ken and Sophie
x